Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries to build evidence-based, data-driven, and community-owned human development solutions. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and build knowledge and skills for lasting social impact.
Programs – Pact aspires to a world where everyone is heard, capable and dynamic. The Programs team helps achieve this goal by linking program management, technical support and business development, enabling Pact to achieve its overall strategy. We ensure program excellence through continuous learning, monitoring and evaluation and provide thought leadership across the organization and industry by leveraging a complementary set of skills, of cross-functional and multi-disciplinary expertise and experience. The Programs team: influences incremental change through the development and implementation of global and regional business strategies and plans; supports the advancement of innovative solutions; seeking new business opportunities; and fosters effective internal and external engagement to maximize Pact’s impact across the world. In all aspects of its role, the Programs Department adheres to and promotes a culture of inclusion, accountability and respect.
Pact is seeking an experienced Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager for the upcoming USAID/Zambia Integrated Health Activity (ZIHA). USAID/Zambia intends to award a contract to support USAID and PEPFAR goals of 95/95/95, and provide service delivery and technical assistance to improve MNCH services and of PF/SR. The ZIHA will improve, sustain and further integrate HIV/AIDS, MNCH and FP/RH services at the health facility and community level and ensure that client-centred, high impact and high quality are available to Zambians. This activity should last five years. This position is dependent on assignment.
· The MEL Director will lead the development and implementation of the MEL plan taking into account the deliverables and conditions of the contract, including capacity building and rigorous monitoring of all activities.
· Train, supervise and mentor a team of MEL employees.
· Develop and lead the deployment of business-specific MEL tools in collaboration with relevant MEL staff, partners and staff from other businesses.
· Support all Compact partners in developing data collection plans, activity results frameworks (inputs, outputs, outcomes and impact) and relevant indicators and targets for the outcome areas.
· Integrate and implement adaptive management and Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) approaches, tools and strategies throughout the activity.
Work closely with Pact HQ to design and integrate development evaluation activities within the project, and to develop a development evaluation plan that will include focus areas to monitor and evaluate for the project. real-time program improvement throughout the life of the project.
· Lead the development and institutionalize the use of centralized project data management and case management systems.
· Design and facilitate MEL training for Pact partners on topics that may include MEL practices, adaptive management data quality, data analysis, and assessment management.
· Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results.
· Lead routine data analysis for learning and adaptation; visualize and summarize data and communicate with senior management.
· Integrate the use of innovative technologies, data platforms and GIS mapping for collection, management and reporting.
· Collaborate with other staff and Pact partners to develop, review and finalize monthly, quarterly and annual MEL work plans and budgets.
· Oversee the development of donor reports, ensuring that Pact meets all donor reporting requirements for the MEL.
· Liaise with counterparts in international, governmental and non-governmental agencies involved in related activities and collaborate in promoting high quality results and complementary efforts.
· Serve as a liaison with USAID MEL staff and other USAID Implementing Partner MEL staff.
· If necessary, the MEL Director will coordinate with an external evaluation team hired by USAID to conduct a performance evaluation.
· Master’s degree in a relevant field, such as: social sciences (international development, political science), statistics or economics.
· At least seven years of experience in designing, managing and implementing results-oriented MEL activities for large, complex international development programs.
At least five years of progressive management responsibility
· Experience in Africa, preferably in Zambia.
· Experience with qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods.
· Experience in data analysis and data visualization with Excel, SPSS or any other related software.
· Demonstrated experience with data management and case management systems
· Experience with strategic information systems
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience of USAID MEL requirements and CLA tools and approaches.
· Experience in developing results frameworks, logframes or similar tools for project design.
· Demonstrated experience in designing and managing operational research and evaluations.
· Demonstrated experience in synthesizing and analyzing various data sources for learning and recommendations for programming adaptations.
· Experience in training other organizations on MEL topics and methods.
· Effective writing and data visualization and presentation skills.
· Strong oral presentation skills.
· Zambian nationals are encouraged to apply.
· Experience with DHIS2 platform and mobile data collection software.
· Understanding of standard USAID and PEPFAR indicators.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, registration, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, smoking (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization or other protected classifications or factors unrelated to deserved.
How to register
Please click here to apply for this position.